- Site visits, analysis and review of a very large file of documents for 16 sites around the USA, mostly in WI. Issues were relating to the origin and timing of various chlorinated solvent plumes. For support of Defendant. For Rimkus Consulting Group, Houston, TX, 1997-1998.
- Analysis and review of a very large file of documents of fours Harris sites, two in Quincy, IL and two in Palm Bay, FL. Issues were relating to the origin and timing of various chlorinated solvent plumes. For support of Defendant. For Rimkus Consulting Group, Houston, TX, 1997-1998.
Testimony Date: December 11, 1997.
Cause Number: 96-166-CIV-ORL-19.
Court: United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida Orlando Division.
Style of Case: Harris Corporation vs Travelers Indemnity Company.
- Interpretation of data to determine date and volume of diesel spilled from underground storage tanks at Valley Baptist Medical Center, Harlingen, TX. For support of Plaintiff. For Grissom & Thompson, L.L.P., Austin, TX, for the Plaintiffs, 1996.
Testimony Date: September 6, 1996.
Cause Number: 93-07-2979-A.
Court: District Court Cameron County, TX, 107th Judicial District.
Style of Case: Valley Baptist Medical Center vs McCarthy Brothers Company, Drew Woods, Inc. and Page Southerland Page, a Partnership.
- Water balance to estimate the volume of water that would be generated by a design rain storm falling on property Houston, TX. This study was part of a lawsuit (Rosenberg vs Abercrombie Builders) but did not testify. For Summit Construction Services, League City, TX, for the Defendants, 1996.
- Analysis of plume travel pathways and source of TCE contamination from Stamina Mills Superfund site, Forestdale Subdivision, North Smithfield, RI. For Rimkus Consulting Group, Houston, TX, 1995.
- Analysis of four sites (in CA, UT, and MA) with multiple and overlapping plumes of chlorinated organics of sites owned by Varian. Analysis consisted of trying to determine the source and origin of the various plumes and reviewing of many documents including other expert's modeling effort. For support of Defendant. For Rimkus Consulting Group, Houston, TX, 1995-1997.
Testimony Date: March 26-28, 1997.
Cause Number: 944196.
Court: Superior Court of the State of California in and for the County of San Francisco.
Style of Case: Varian Associates, Inc. vs Aetna Casualty and Surety Company, et al..
- Reviewed large volume of information of confidential acid and metals contaminated site in Nebraska. In particular, reviewed hydrogeology, volatile organic data, and developed conceptual model. Wrote analytical water/mass balance model including four geologic units, four wells, and four time periods. Used NeXT's Object Oriented C and Interface Builder (IB). Also developed 3D numerical model of site using MODFLOW/MT3D and the PM3 interface. Ran TWODAN model to evaluate flowpaths to city well. Gave depositions on details and results of model-based conclusions. For Rimkus Consulting Group, Houston, TX, for the Defendants, 1989-1998.
Testimony Date: September 23 and 24, 1992, and November 3, 1994.
Cause Number: 90-0-910.
Court: United States District Court for the District of Nebraska.
Style of Case: Lindsay Manufacturing vs Hartford Accident & Indemnity Company; and Hartford Insurance Company of Illinois vs DeKalb Energy Company.
- Analysis of groundwater table rise due to rainstorms to investigate the possibility of house slab flooding in Galveston, TX; used the MODFLOW model. For support of Defendant. For Beckenstein, Norvell & Nathan, L.L.P., Houston, TX, 1993-1995.
Testimony Date: May 4, 1995.
Cause Number: 92-CV0860.
Court: Galveston, TX.
Style of Case: Newding vs Greer.
- Reviewed material regarding leak detection system at gasoline station in Alice, TX. Wrote letter of opinion. For Kleberg & Head, P.C., representing the Defendants, Houston, TX, 1994.
- Proposed Madden Road Landfill, Ft. Bend County, TX, groundwater and particle transport models to aid in the design of the liner, monitoring system, and other landfill components. The model consisted of three layers and three major time periods. MODFLOW/MODPATH under PM were used. Provided pre-file testimony for the landfill applicants. For McBride-Ratcliff and Associates, Houston, TX, 1992-1993.
- Wrote groundwater mounding calculations program using Mathematica for the Ft. Bend County Landfill, TX. The goal was to determine if the landfill would be influenced by recharge from a nearby stream under storm conditions. Provided testimony at a Texas Water Commission hearing in Austin, TX. For McBride-Ratcliff and Associates, Houston, TX, 1993.